POSSIBLY THE BEST WEEKEND OF YOUR LIFE!!
About Set Free We don’t think of ourselves as needing to be set free, because one of the core principles of our country is freedom. As a Christ follower our freedom came at a cost and is not an inherent right. Being set free is personal, passionate and public. When we are truly set fee these thee aspects of this life should play out in our everyday striving to be like Jesus.
How to Register: Register/pay online by filling out the form above.
or you can fill out/send in a paper form along with your money (cash or checks payable to “Cross Roads BIC”) no later than Thursday, October 31st.
Students will need to be at the church by 5:30 on Friday afternoon November 15th They should eat supper or a snack before coming to the church. We will not be making any scheduled stops on the trip.
We plan on being back to the church around 2:30ish on Sunday afternoon.
Items to Bring
- One suitcase – it is only 2 days so you won’t need more than that !
- Sleeping Bag/Pillow - please make sure your pillow is either in with your sleeping bag or in a separate bag -- all items should be labeled with your name
- Warm jacket
- Sneakers – they have a gym and we’ll be using it throughout the weekend
- A snack or drink to be put out and shared during our break times. (Example: cookies, chips, apples, soda, Hawaiian punch, water) If you send a homemade item please put it in a disposable container.
- Bible –if you don’t have one ask, we’ll get you one to use
- Journal – if you have one
Items to leave at home
- All electronic items
Please let us know if your son/daughter will be taking any prescription medications with them on the retreat. We need to have this information in case of a medical emergency.
Thy body shall not leave retreat grounds
Thou shall observe all cabin rules
There shall be no purple (pink + blue personal contact) on this retreat weekend
Thy body shall not enter the rooms of the opposite sex
Thou shall not smoke, drink or take any illegal drugs
Thou shall be in your room by the scheduled time
Thou shall not trespass on thy neighbor’s body or self-esteem
Thou shall be at all events on time
Thou shall report any injury immediately to an adult leader
Thou shall be respectful of and follow instructions from retreat leaders
If a student disregards any of these rules, they will be taken aside by an adult leader and the incident discussed. After considering the seriousness of the matter, the adult staff has the option of asking that student’s parents to come and take him/her home.